Thursday, March 3, 2011

Oatmeal

I have been eating a lot of oatmeal lately for breakfast.  It is one of the best things you can eat for breakfast, it's really good and easy to make.  It's also easy to alter the recipe below.  Add whatever you like.  Use different things to sweeten it.  Substitute some milk for some of the water, or all of the water if you want.  I change it up all the time so it doesn't get boring but here is the basic recipe I use.







Ingredients:
1/2 cup Oats
1 cup water - OR 1/2 cup of water and 1/2 cup of milk
pinch of salt
1 TBSP brown sugar - OR 1 TBSP of Honey (my preference)
2 TBSP of golden raisins

Directions:
Heat 1 cup of water over medium heat.  Add a pinch of salt and the oats.  Stir and add the sugar and raisins.  Turn down the heat to low and keep stirring until the oatmeal thickens up a bit.  That's it.

2 comments:

  1. Oatmeal is my favorite breakfast. I love it with brown sugar, a slice of banana, and some cinnamon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've gone crazy with oatmeal lately. Steelcut oats (requires 30 mins of cooking) loaded with bananas, walnuts, dates, craisins, pretty much anything I can get my hands on.

    ReplyDelete