Friday, January 28, 2011

Soup and Roasted Cauliflower

This dish started out with good intentions but didn't turn out so well.  While shopping in the big supermarket across the river I came upon a box mix for Mulligatawny soup so I figured I'd give it a try.  Big mistake.  I love a good Mulligatawny and everyone makes it differently but I really should have know that out of a box was never going to work.  Following the instructions on the box it was thin and nearly flavorless.  I just started adding things to try to give it some life but it never really came together the way I wanted it to.  Next time I'll have to just start from scratch. 
The roasted cauliflower on the other hand came out perfectly.  



Ingredients:
1 head of cauliflower
Olive oil
salt
pepper

Directions:
Preheat the oven to 350F.  Chop up the cauliflower into smaller pieces.  In a bowl mix together the cauliflower with enough olive oil to lightly coat the pieces and salt and pepper to taste.  Transfer to a baking dish and put on the top rack of your oven until fork tender (about 30 minutes).

No comments:

Post a Comment